By the time the Lord made women, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?".
And the Lord answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."
The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No Way!", "And that's just on the standard model?" the Angel asked.
The Angel tried to stop the Lord. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish."
But I can't!", the Lord protested, "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days."
The Angel moved closer and touched the woman, "but you have made her so soft, Lord." "She is soft", the Lord agreed, "but I have also made Her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the Angel.
The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate." The Angel then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."
"That's not a leak," the Lord objected,
"That's a tear!" "What's the tear for?" the Angel asked.
The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."
The Angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything, for women are truly amazing." Women have strengths that amaze men.
- They carry hardships, they carry burdens but they hold happiness, love and joy.
- They smile when they want to scream.
- They sing when they want to cry.
- They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
- They fight for what they believe in.
- They stand up for injustice.
- They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
- They go without so their family can have.
- They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
- They love unconditionally.
- They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.
- They are happy when they hear about a birth or a new marriage.
- Their hearts break when a friend dies.
- They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
- They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
- Women come in all sizes, in all colors and shapes. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin! They bring joy and hope. They give compassion and ideals. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.